Last week I was lucky enough to start my advanced yoga teacher training at the beautiful Suryalila Retreat Center in the south of Spain. The week was absolutely magical and the amazing range of delicious vegetarian food that was lavished upon us three times a day was of course a major highlight for me. Although I enjoyed every mouthful of having someone else cook food that I love, I also realized that being creative in the kitchen, making up recipes and preparing food for others brings me as much joy as eating. I won’t lie, not doing dishes for a week was absolute bliss, but I was super happy to get back in my kitchen and creatively throw random things around!
The day I returned to Zurich it was still nice and warm but there was a hint of fall in the air. I was craving something refreshing and light for breakfast that was still somehow “autumnal” in feeling. This chai spiced breakfast smoothie is the happy result of that inspiration. It is super quick to throw together and very satisfying- the oats and pecans will help keep you full till lunch and the other ingredients make it taste pretty great. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Love Michelle xo
- 1 Frozen Pear (cut the core out and freeze the flesh)
- 1 Frozen Banana (can be replaced with a handful of ice for a less sweet version)
- ½ Cup Oats
- ¾ Cup Oat Milk
- ¼ Cup Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Lucuma Powder (optional)
- ½ Teaspooon Cinnamon
- ⅓ Teaspoon Cardamon
- ⅓ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ⅓ Teaspoon Ginger (ground)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with chopped pecan nuts, nutmeg and rose petals (if you have them) before serving.